Are you using vitamin C on your skin? It really can do wonders and make a big difference. I think it’s important to use a Vitamin C serum daily but I have developed a new facial that is all about infusing it into your skin.
One of the most powerful functions of Vitamin C is it’s role in the production of collagen. As you age, collagen breaks down and wrinkles begin to form. Stabilizing your skin’s levels of Vitamin C can help to counteract wrinkle formation by increasing collagen production.
Age spots are essentially sun damage, and Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, shown to reduce the number of sunburned cells as well as reverse age-related damage to the skin. It does not replace sunscreen, but protects Vitamin C protects against and may repair UV damage, like discoloration and fine lines.
I’ve been telling women about their hands for years! Whatever you do to your face, you should do to your neck, chest and hands. Here are some simple tips to help keep your hands young.
1. Always, always wear sunscreen. At least SPF #15 but I recommend #30.
2. Exfoliate your hands every few days. Just like your face, getting rid of the dead will skin will allow the beneficial products to penetrate and make a difference. I use a Glycolic Cleanser for my face so on the nights I use it, I also will wash my neck, chest and hands (top of hands!). Glycolic Acid helps with aging (brown spots).
3. Keep your hands hydrated. Lotion helps but doesn’t necessarily hydrate the skin. Grapeseed Oil will, so put that on every night. You can put lotion on over it if you want.
Treat the Hands
About once a week, give your hands some extra TLC.
1. Exfoliate using a Glycolic Cleanser (hopefully you will get one if you don’t already have one) and a Konjac Sponge.
2. After cleansing, apply Grapeseed Oil and massage in generously.
3. Apply a hand creme (not lotion- creme is thicker)
4. Apply Vaseline (optional) to lock in everything. Vaseline is occlusive, which means that it helps seal in the products.
5. Put on gloves or socks or something similar to protect your hands. Relax and leave on for about 20 minutes.
To Purchase Products:
I talk about Le Mieux serums all the time. On Facebook, my blog and especially in my treatment room with my clients. I think they are amazing, super effective and inexpensive. (You do not have to spend a fortune to have good skin!)
Here is a picture of the results of using 3 different serums and grape seed oil (I do think the oil had an effect on the skin tone and texture).
For More Information: