Pure Skin Talk covers acne to anti-aging and everything in between. These are short and easy to listen to episodes. They are not product specific so everyone can benefit! Sometimes specials are even offered to the online store and if you are local to Orange County for facials!!
All of my clients know that peel season is my favorite season. I love the results and I love being able to make my clients happy with their skin again. I would do these year round if I could but the weather and the sun limits me. But now that we are here, let’s me tell why I love them so much.
- Chemical peels can make your skin and your skin care products work better– The acid (there are many different ones) lifts dead skin and triggers a chain reaction. Once that top layer is gone, signals are then sent to the living cells below to multiply and move up, increase collagen production and act younger. Skin care products can now work even better because there are no dead skin cells to stop them.
- Fully Customized Peels– Slow and steady wins the race. My series is done over 9 weeks. That is 7 peels. I will go as strong as your skin allows and tolerates. I want you to get the best results so whatever I can do that makes sense, I will do. Since it’s done over a period of time, I don’t need to hit your skin super hard. We can increase as we go along. Flaking is normal but you can still live your life and be out in the world.
- Acne and Acne Scars– Getting a peel every week doesn’t allow bacteria to hang around. Yes, you can still get breakouts (skin is purging) but they usually get better as the peels go on. Acne scars will also improve. The healthier your skin, the better it looks.
- Melasma is better treated with peels than lasers- This is a no-fun issue that many women have to deal with at some point. Hormones are to blame. The sun and heat make it worse. Chemical peels can lighten the dark skin in a very different way than lasers which is why often women will find the melasma returns after a few weeks. When done correctly and in conjunction with at-home care, the peels will usually lift the melasma.
- I strongly encourage my clients to purchase products at home- I don’t really even want to do a series with the products because clients just won’t get the results they want. Will you see a change? Yes. Will it last and make a big difference? Probably not. When I do the peel, it sets your skin up to be ready to get the good ingredients on it. The ingredients that will lighten your skin, continue to kill bacteria, help smooth your skin and make it softer. If you’re going to spend the money, you might as well do it right. This also sets up my clients to see what the products can really do and gets them on a great routine, that becomes a habit.
Living in Orange County (Ca), we deal with warm weather most of the year. The reason we can start peels in November despite the 80 degree days is because we are not outside as much and the heat is not as long or strong each day. Going to the beach, having BBQ’s and outside parties are limited. You still need to wear sunscreen everyday but it’s easier to control how much sun we get.
If you live in Villa Park, Orange, Anaheim Hills or any surrounding city, please come see me. I will take good care of you and your skin. I can’t wait to see your after picture!
If you have any questions, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a lot of older clients that always ask me about their chest. They are concerned about sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles. Once the damage is done, it is much more difficult to treat the skin…but not impossible. Start caring for your skin now! The younger you are, the more you can do to prevent the damage. Below I have listed options for preventing and correcting this often neglected area.
1. Exfoliation. Just like your face, you body needs to be exfoliated to get rid of the dry skin so that products can properly penetrate and do the job correctly. Dead skin is an unwanted barrier. Unlike your face, you can exfoliate this area more often. I recommend using a Konjac Body Sponge every other day and a Glycolic Cleanser about 2-3x a week.
2. Treat the Skin. If you are using serums on your face, then apply them on your neck and chest too. Immediately after a shower.
3. Grapeseed Oil. This is great from head to toe. I personally use it all over my body and my skin is super soft. Even better, this is a great product for aging. Grapeseed Oil should be used at night after you get out of the shower.
4. SPF. Always, always, always wear sunscreen. This is true for your face and body. Don’t just extend it from your face, hoping it is enough for your neck and chest. Use enough that you are fully covered.
Hydration is the key to making fine lines and wrinkles look less obvious. The drier your skin is (anywhere on the body), the more you will see what you don’t want to show the world.
I have not oversold these with that title! I love these sponges! I’ve often said how sensitive my skin is so that means I have to be super careful with how I care for it and especially how I exfoliate it. Scrubs don’t work with my skin. They irritate it. Washcloths, even baby washcloths don’t work either. I can use these sponges every other night and my skin has seriously never been softer.
They have different ones for the face and the body and for different skin types. Easy to take care of and easy to use. I am even finding myself recommending these to some of my clients instead of a scrub. If I can save you money but still give you amazing skin, I will!
Give Yourself a Mini Facial
Simple, effective, deep cleansing & pure. All of our Facial and Body Sponges are Eco friendly, 100% natural and made from pure edible vegetable roots.The Konjac Sponge is as soft as butter, full of yummy skin friendly goodness! It cleanses the skin like nothing you ever experienced before, leaving the face clean, glowing and silky smooth.
100% Natural vegetable Fibre
Naturally Deep Cleansing
Removes Water based Make-Up
Suitable for Daily Use
100% Colouring Free
Soft & Gentle
Kind to You & Kind to the Environment
This is a common question and for many years I have said that everyone should use one. I have since changed my mind. I still see the value in them and still recommend them but now there are conditions.
The reason you use an eye cream is to hydrate the eye area to help with dark circles, puffiness and/or fine lines. This is either a preventative or corrective. The eye area is 7x thinner than your face so it does require something different than your moisturizer so there is definitely a benefit to an eye cream.
I stopped recommending them to everyone because if you are using serums in your routine then I don’t think you need another product for your eyes. Of course, this only applies if you are using the correct serums but I make sure that my clients are using the right ones so they aren’t missing out on anything.
The ingredients in the serums are small enough to penetrate into the eye area and give you what you need. I don’t know why an additional cream/serum is needed. I used myself as the guinea pig for this experiment. I stopped using an eye cream to see if I would see a difference and I haven’t. The serums I use are hydrating and will help with fine lines.
Another reason to start using an eye cream is to firm up the area during the day. You can also mix a little eye cream with your under eye concealer to make it less drying.
Now, if you aren’t using serums (or the right ones) then you MUST wear an eye cream/serum. Your eyes age the fastest and are the most abused so protect the area now! I suggest people start as young as 18-20.
Please take a moment and vote for me for the OC Hotlist:
(super fast and easy)
Million dollar question, right? Sometimes acne can simply be caused by using the wrong products or not washing your skin at all. If this is the case, improving your skin will be much easier. Unfortunately, if your acne is hormonal then it will be much more difficult. We can usually improve the clarity, frequency and intensity though. Here are some tips…
1. Be consistent. Cleanse your skin every night and every morning.
2. Use products that are right for your skin and that will balance out the oil without dehydrating. Most OTC (over-the-counter, NOT professional) acne products take everything out of your skin and don’t replenish it. This can make things worse and/or cause you to age quicker.
3. Use Grapeseed Oil. This will hydrate your skin and balance the oil. Read here for al the benefits. My clients use and love this! It really does work. Cleanse, tone and apply oil. If you are using serums, apply those first and then the oil. A little goes a long way.
4. Keep your pillowcase clean. Even though you are washing your face every night, this is still important. If have a more severe case, then you should be changing/washing it at least every week.
5. Use alcohol to clean your phones and sunglasses. Bacteria spreads very easily.
6. Don’t touch or pick at your face.
7. Get regular facials. Having an expert (like me!) do extractions helps. It’s better than you doing it and healthier for your skin.
8. Dairy can aggravate acne in some people. Give it up for 6-12 weeks to see if there is any significant improvement.
9. Drink lots and lots of water.
10. Make sure you aren’t using any pore clogging makeup. Heavy or thick foundations are not good for the skin. Try not reapply as the day goes on.
11. Wash your makeup brushes. You should wash them with baby shampoo at least twice a month and using a brush cleaner every single day. Of course, this is for people that wear makeup everyday. Adjust if necessary but those are the guidelines. Don’t reuse sponges and don’t use powder puffs.
12. Get a physical exfoliant like a sponge because it’s gentle.
13. Wear SPF because you should anyway but also because sometimes the sun can darken the blemishes and leave your skin with scars and hyper pigmentation.
14. Salicylic Acid should be in your products. This is dehydrating so remember to use other products that will replenish water loss. (see #3)
15. Be gentle. You don’t have to scrub hard or a lot to get results. Hopefully you are using effective products so that they can do all the work for you.
16. Have patience and know that it will not go away in a day or even a week. Avoid buying anything that tells you differently.
18. Book a consultation and/or facial with me. I can help! Book Here!!
Shop Acne Products:
Tomorrow- Products to Avoid and Why
How is it possible that almost (it seems) every OTC skin care company has the “secret” ingredient to anti-aging or acne or dry skin or whatever your skin ailment may be? They create these words that sound fancy, important and effective. In reality, they mean nothing because they made them up. I could create a word, give it a definition and start a buzz about it but that doesn’t mean it will do anything for your skin. Why don’t more people using these products have perfect skin or even better skin?
OTC products, as I have said before, can only do so much. They cannot correct the skin, they can only temporarily fix it. This means that even if the product seems to be working, once you stop using it your skin will go back to where it was before, possibly worse (depending on how long it has been). It’s important to use products that will correct your skin condition or help with aging.
I went off on a tangent, sorry. 🙂 Let’s get back to the point of this post! One ingredient is simply not going to be the answer for anyone. It will always be a combination of ingredients and a routine that will help your skin.
On the flip side of things, some companies don’t even tell you what is in their products and only tell you what they will do…or what they are advertised to do. Create a flashy commercial, a pretty ad and for some reason this convinces us to buy. I have fallen for it.
Bottom Line- Know what you are putting on your skin and why. Do your research. Make sure that it is beneficial long-term. We all want to look and feel beautiful immediately but if that is going to hurt your skin later, is it worth it?
I’ve said this a lot but I think it’s important to repeat. I had a client come in the other day and I could tell she wore Tinted Moisturizer. This isn’t something I should be able to guess when the client comes in with “clean” skin. Here is the trick to wearing this…
Always, Always apply your regular moisturizer first! Yep, it’s that simple! Make sure it dries and then apply the Tinted Moisturizer. Now the tint won’t get stuck in your pores or any dry patches you might have on your face. It will also give you a more even application.
This is an amazing ingredient that we naturally produce in our skin so when we use it, our skin doesn’t see it as foreign and easily accepts it and everyone can benefit from it. The fact that it plumps and softens the skin is why all the skin care and cosmetic companies are putting it in all their products. It’s also a key component in several injectable wrinkle fillers.
When you apply it to the skin, like in a serum or moisturizer, it helps to bind moisture to the skin as well as pull moisture from the air and is said to hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
I’d love to say that this will eliminate fine lines and wrinkles but this blog (and what I do) is about honesty. What it can do for you when applied topically is form a barrier on the skin and give a soft moisturizing effect that makes skin smoother. That’s good enough for me!
I had a 1st time client the other day tell me that she started using a hyaluronic acid serum because her friend recommended it but she wasn’t sure why it was beneficial. I told her what it was doing for her and she said that had noticed her skin was more supple and that she had actually been getting compliments about the appearance of it. She is a woman in her 60’s and has been using it for about a month and already noticed a difference.
I started using Skin Script earlier this year and hyaluronic acid is in 2 of the products I use. Shortly after, I added 3 Le Mieux serums to my routine, 1 of them being just hyaluronic (featured above). My skin has completely changed. I have always suffered with really dry skin and every time I waxed, my face showed it for days. Now, even in the winter, no one knows. I don’t have that tight, dry feeling anymore.
Bottom line…I love it and everyone one should be using it! Dry, oily, acneic, in your 20’s, in your 60’s, it doesn’t matter.
For more information or to purchase:
Have you heard about this new tool? I’m in love! I did a lot of research on this before I decided to purchase because it sounded too good to be true. I finally gave in and thought I would try it out for myself to see what the hype was about. Of course, my family are my guinea pigs…
Mom- She had this thing on her nose for so many years, she was convinced it was just part of her nose. After just one session with the spatula, the “thing” started erupting (for lack of a better word). Since then, I have used it one more time and it is almost gone!
Dad- He has very dry skin and is constantly scratching his back. He uses walls and posts like a cat and it was always a family joke. One back facial with the spatula and he is itch-free. It has been 4 days and still nothing. He can’t believe it!
Sister- Her skin is pretty clear but we decided to try it to see what would happen. The next day, I asked her what she thought and she realized that she wasn’t wearing any concealer (she always wears makeup) because she didn’t need it. She said her skin looked much more even!
Push out impurities and clear away excess oil with the sonic vibration of the Skin Spatula. As the skin cells vibrate, the tissue and pores become softened, extracting environmental toxins, oil and makeup. On the flip side, the spatula aids in the absorption of water or gel-based skin products with the same sonic push, giving you double action in one tool. The energy of the ultrasonic waves brightens and evens skin tone while providing long lasting results and radiant skin, all for just minutes a day.
• Vibrating ultrasonic waves exfoliate dead skin & extract dirt and oil from clogged pores
• Hydrates new cells
• Spatula shaped tip can be used to penetrate serums & gels for better efficacy
This spatula is used with EVERY* facial!
*excluding express and teen facials