Summer is almost officially here (yay!) and that usually means less makeup for everyone. I have put together some easy tips to make you look and feel beautiful without having to wear a lot of makeup. More of a natural look is great for summertime and remember, the better your skin looks, the better YOU look! Take care of your skin first and your makeup will look amazing. 🙂
1. Tinted Moisturizer. Keep it light and simple. Click here to read my blog on how to make your own.
2. Bronzer– This is a good way to enhance your natural tan or to give yourself that “natural tan.” It’s best to use one without shimmer though since no one actually gets shimmery when they tan. 🙂 Focus on the apples of your cheeks, right above your cheekbones, forehead and chin. Try to find a liquid bronzer because powder can be drying to the skin.
3. Blush– Add a little bit of pink to your cheeks for a rosy hue. Cream blush is best as it will last longer and look more natural.
4. Mascara– A must for everyday as far as I’m concerned! In the summer though, if you know you will be around the ocean or pool (river, lake, etc) then you can wear a clear mascara so you don’t risk the color running down your face or smudging. And don’t forget to curl your lashes. It opens your eyes and makes a big difference! Shiseido and Shu Uemera eyelash curlers are my faves.
5. Lip Gloss– Another must-have for summer! Something that will add some color to your lips without the heavy look of lipstick. A lip stain would work as well and last longer.
6. SPF– And, most importantly, don’t forget your sunscreen!! SPF 30 is the highest you need.
So hopefully you’ve been reading my blog (anxiously waiting for every post, right? 🙂 ) and now you know how to make your own Tinted Moisturizer but now I’m going to show you how to make your own Tinted Body Lotion. You can use this as a self-tanner or just to add some glow to your skin. This is why I LOVE being able to do it myself…fully customizable! It’s fun to do this at night, too, for a little extra glam. 🙂 So simple and this is how…
1. Mix body lotion and foundation powder or bronzing powder…depending on the color you want. Blend thoroughly.
2. Apply and you’re done.
1. Your body is different than your face and it takes color better. This means that you can usually go a little darker without fear of looking too crazy. 🙂 Test it out first and then go outside so you really know what it will look like. Remember, indoor lighting is very different than outdoor.
2. If you use bronzing powder (I like MAC’s Golden Bronze), PLEASE don’t get one that is orange!!! You could also do 50/50 of the powders if you feel like it might be too much bronze. I love this mixture for nighttime. 🙂
3. If you only use a foundation powder, you can still add a little shimmer powder (MAC has a great one called, Silver Dusk) to it. A little goes a long way. Great for summer!
4. When applying on areas of your body that have hair, go in the direction of the hair. When it dries, it will look better.
5. Unless you have dry skin, I don’t think it is totally necessary to apply a regular body lotion first but I would put it on your drier areas like elbows, knees and ankles. I actually use Grapeseed Oil on those places (let it settle before applying the tinted lotion).
7. It does wash off when you shower so if you don’t like it the first time, no big deal!