Age Spots or Liver Spots as they are sometimes called are not really caused by aging. Though they do show up as we get older, they are actually caused by sun damage which is why they show up on areas that tend to get more sun like our hands, chest and face. Bleaching creams, peels and lightening treatments may lessen their appearance but to rule out more serious problems, check with your dermatologist first.
Sunscreen is key to prevent further damage but also to stop the spots from getting darker.
Vitamin C is an ingredient that will help the current spots by brightening and evening the skin tone.
Retinol is similar to vitamin c but much stronger. This gets deeper into the skin creating even more results.
I LOVE Peels! The season is here so book your series now and let’s get started!!
A chemical peel is a skin-resurfacing procedure. There is little to no downtime (minimal flaking) and the results are amazing!
Benefits: Smoother, Younger Looking Skin ~Helps with Fine Lines and Wrinkles ~Hyperpigmentation ~Texture ~Acne Scars ~Large Pores (reducing the appearance)
1. You don’t have to peel with a peel.
2. Visible exfoliation (flaking) is a symptom of the treatment. Everyone is different. Some may flake in certain areas on their face, some may flake all over and some may not flake at all.
3. Cellular change takes place in the epidermis (top layer) and dermis (2nd layer), regardless of the amount of visible flaking.
4. Peels are usually done in a series for best results. One will not give you what you want.
5. I will not do a peel on a new client until we have a consultation and/or a facial. It’s important that we are on the same page as far as what you want, what you can expect and what will actually be done. Plus, I need to see and touch your skin.
6. Home care products are key to producing great results. If you are using products at home that I recommended, then I know exactly how they work together with the peels. This is an important step. Not just for the results but also for the condition of your skin during the series. I’m almost hesitant to even do a series without the client using my products. When you purchase a series and products, it is always a better price.
7. Grape Seed Oil helps tremendously with these peels!
Chemical Peels are very popular and when done right, can give you some amazing results. It’s the least invasive procedure to correcting skin issues. And the best part? No downtime. Some clients may experience minimal flaking but if home care products are being used properly, then you will be okay to face the public. 🙂
Great for those with one (or more) of the following problems…
Acne scars and post-breakout marks
Large pores (help the appearance of)
Skin in need of smoothing
A chemical peel is applied to the skin to remove and exfoliate the outer layers so that a clearer and more glowing skin can appear. The new skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled and the peels are conducive in the stimulation of fibroblasts and creating new collagen.
Each peel series is fully customized for each client. Skin is really like snowflakes so it’s important to address it individually.
Home care products are key to producing great results. If you are using products at home that I recommend, then I know exactly how they work together with the peels. This is an important step, not just for the results but also for the condition of your skin during the series.