All of my clients know that peel season is my favorite season. I love the results and I love being able to make my clients happy with their skin again. I would do these year round if I could but the weather and the sun limits me. But now that we are here, let’s me tell why I love them so much.
Chemical peels can make your skin and your skin care products work better– The acid (there are many different ones) lifts dead skin and triggers a chain reaction. Once that top layer is gone, signals are then sent to the living cells below to multiply and move up, increase collagen production and act younger. Skin care products can now work even better because there are no dead skin cells to stop them.
Fully Customized Peels– Slow and steady wins the race. My series is done over 9 weeks. That is 7 peels. I will go as strong as your skin allows and tolerates. I want you to get the best results so whatever I can do that makes sense, I will do. Since it’s done over a period of time, I don’t need to hit your skin super hard. We can increase as we go along. Flaking is normal but you can still live your life and be out in the world.
Acne and Acne Scars– Getting a peel every week doesn’t allow bacteria to hang around. Yes, you can still get breakouts (skin is purging) but they usually get better as the peels go on. Acne scars will also improve. The healthier your skin, the better it looks.
Melasma is better treated with peels than lasers- This is a no-fun issue that many women have to deal with at some point. Hormones are to blame. The sun and heat make it worse. Chemical peels can lighten the dark skin in a very different way than lasers which is why often women will find the melasma returns after a few weeks. When done correctly and in conjunction with at-home care, the peels will usually lift the melasma.
I strongly encourage my clients to purchase products at home- I don’t really even want to do a series with the products because clients just won’t get the results they want. Will you see a change? Yes. Will it last and make a big difference? Probably not. When I do the peel, it sets your skin up to be ready to get the good ingredients on it. The ingredients that will lighten your skin, continue to kill bacteria, help smooth your skin and make it softer. If you’re going to spend the money, you might as well do it right. This also sets up my clients to see what the products can really do and gets them on a great routine, that becomes a habit.
Living in Orange County (Ca), we deal with warm weather most of the year. The reason we can start peels in November despite the 80 degree days is because we are not outside as much and the heat is not as long or strong each day. Going to the beach, having BBQ’s and outside parties are limited. You still need to wear sunscreen everyday but it’s easier to control how much sun we get.
If you live in Villa Park, Orange, Anaheim Hills or any surrounding city, please come see me. I will take good care of you and your skin. I can’t wait to see your after picture!
I love Skin Script Rx Skin Care. I use it everyday on myself, I use it in my treatment room and I retail it to my clients. That doesn’t mean that there isn’t something that could be better out there so I like to do research. Below I have compared two skin lightening pads and (spoiler alert!), Skin Script came out on top.
I LOVE Peels! The season is here so book your series now and let’s get started!!
A chemical peel is a skin-resurfacing procedure. There is little to no downtime (minimal flaking) and the results are amazing!
Benefits: Smoother, Younger Looking Skin ~Helps with Fine Lines and Wrinkles ~Hyperpigmentation ~Texture ~Acne Scars ~Large Pores (reducing the appearance)
1. You don’t have to peel with a peel.
2. Visible exfoliation (flaking) is a symptom of the treatment. Everyone is different. Some may flake in certain areas on their face, some may flake all over and some may not flake at all.
3. Cellular change takes place in the epidermis (top layer) and dermis (2nd layer), regardless of the amount of visible flaking.
4. Peels are usually done in a series for best results. One will not give you what you want.
5. I will not do a peel on a new client until we have a consultation and/or a facial. It’s important that we are on the same page as far as what you want, what you can expect and what will actually be done. Plus, I need to see and touch your skin.
6. Home care products are key to producing great results. If you are using products at home that I recommended, then I know exactly how they work together with the peels. This is an important step. Not just for the results but also for the condition of your skin during the series. I’m almost hesitant to even do a series without the client using my products. When you purchase a series and products, it is always a better price.
7. Grape Seed Oil helps tremendously with these peels!
I have often seen women on the beach or at the pool in a bikini while pregnant and this always surprised me. Now, I don’t have a problem with it (I actually think it can be pretty cute!) but there are reasons why a woman should be more covered up while pregnant.
1. Women are more sun-sensitive therefore it is much easier to burn. Increasing your chances of cancer.
2. Melasma is another reason to avoid the sun. Women’s estrogen levels are much higher and that stimulates the production of melanin (that is what makes you tan). It is very easy to get dark patches around the lips, chin, cheeks and forehead. Skipping one summer in the sun is worth it to avoid these undesirable dark patches that can take up to a year after delivery to fade.
3. Sunbathing can also be dehydrating. Not having enough fluids for a pregnant woman can be dangerous and lead to pre-term contractions. Obviously this is a more extreme case but better safe than sorry!
4. UV rays also break down folic acid. Not worth it since folic acid helps to reduce the chance of birth defects.
5. There has been talk that inhaling the fumes from spray sunscreens is not healthy for anyone so this would be especially true for pregnant women.