It costs a lot of money to look this cheap! -Dolly Parton
1. Invest in some high quality makeup brushes. I don’t always believe that more expensive means better but it is usually true with brushes. The ones that you are getting at Target simply are not the same as the ones at Nordstrom. Sorry. 😦 The good news is that if you take care of these, they will last you a very, very long time. So at least you are getting your money’s worth. I have been using All About Mee Makeup Brushes for almost 12 years and I love them! High quality and the selection is exactly what I need. I love them so much that I now retail them. Email, call or stop by if you’re interested!
2. Makeup will never look good on dirty, un-exfoliated skin. Take care of the canvas and your makeup will look so much better! I promise. 🙂
3. Apply lip balm prior to makeup application so your lips will be ready for your lip gloss, lip pencil or whatever you are using.
4. Lips and Cheeks should work in harmony.
5. Eyes- Think color theory! Going with colors that are the opposite of your eye color will bring out your eyes.
6. Shadows are the most flattering to fill in your eyebrows. Black is too harsh for everyone! If you apply the color against the hair, it will stick to the skin and last longer.
7. Eyeliner is to help eyelashes look thicker. Avoid liner on the lower lids as this can age you and force peoples eye to look lower. You always want them to look up…top of your face. Imagine it or do it on a friend. It makes a difference. Sometimes you can use it if you’re going for a certain look or if you have the eye shape for it.
8. Blush- It should be the color you naturally blushes. No one blushes orange!!
9. Do not confuse bronzer with contour. Most often bronzer has shimmer in it. Contour is to help shape your face and shimmer will add attention to that area. Bronzer mimics where the sun would hit your face. Orange is not a bronzer or a contour color!!
10. Your lip color should not match your outfit. It should go in harmony (as I said above) with your cheek color and also your skin.
Have fun with your makeup but always look your age!
Nothing ages someone more than trying too hard to look young!!