Keep your lips healthy by exfoliating them weekly. Mix some honey and brown sugar, lightly scrub, rinse off and apply some lip balm. Lip balm heals, chapstick protects.
This will also make your lip glosses and lipstick last longer and look smoother.
Another tip…I always apply a lip balm before I start my makeup so that by the time I am done, my lips are moisturized and ready!
Summer is almost officially here (yay!) and that usually means less makeup for everyone. I have put together some easy tips to make you look and feel beautiful without having to wear a lot of makeup. More of a natural look is great for summertime and remember, the better your skin looks, the better YOU look! Take care of your skin first and your makeup will look amazing. 🙂
1. Tinted Moisturizer. Keep it light and simple. Click here to read my blog on how to make your own.
2. Bronzer– This is a good way to enhance your natural tan or to give yourself that “natural tan.” It’s best to use one without shimmer though since no one actually gets shimmery when they tan. 🙂 Focus on the apples of your cheeks, right above your cheekbones, forehead and chin. Try to find a liquid bronzer because powder can be drying to the skin.
3. Blush– Add a little bit of pink to your cheeks for a rosy hue. Cream blush is best as it will last longer and look more natural.
4. Mascara– A must for everyday as far as I’m concerned! In the summer though, if you know you will be around the ocean or pool (river, lake, etc) then you can wear a clear mascara so you don’t risk the color running down your face or smudging. And don’t forget to curl your lashes. It opens your eyes and makes a big difference! Shiseido and Shu Uemera eyelash curlers are my faves.
5. Lip Gloss– Another must-have for summer! Something that will add some color to your lips without the heavy look of lipstick. A lip stain would work as well and last longer.
6. SPF– And, most importantly, don’t forget your sunscreen!! SPF 30 is the highest you need.