Updated: March 2018
We are nearing the end of cold/flu season…hopefully. And this got me thinking. Just because we are sick, doesn’t mean we have to look it, right? Here are some tips to stay looking fresh and healthy.
1. Drink lots of fluids- That’s an easy one. Water is your best bet. Staying hydrated is most important. And while water is the least efficient way to hydrate your skin, it is still important for the body.
2. Don’t lick your lips. Keep a lip balm close by so you grab that every time you feel your lips getting dry. (My favorite is Burts Bees Lip Balm) The more you lick, the drier your lips get.
3. Use tissue that is unscented. The fragrances that are added can be irritating to your nose. Choose one with moisturizing properties for extra-softness but just make sure it is non-scented.
4. Wash Your Face- I know when you’re sick, the last thing you care about is your skin or showering but this is so important. Our skin gets so dry from all the medications and just from being sick, that washing your face, at least once a day (twice is better!), is vital. Keep it well moisturized too. You can skip exfoliation while you are sick. It can sometimes cause your skin to get more dry.
5. Grape Seed Oil– Keep this with you if you can. Apply it throughout the day on your nose. This will save your nose from dryness, irritation and flakiness.
6. To ease nostril irritation, apply vaseline or Neosporin. Using a Q-Tip, roll it around the inner part of your nostril. It will feel so much better and look less irritated.
7. If you must leave the house, and most of us have to these days when we are sick, use liquid foundation instead of powder. The powder can make your skin look super dry, especially around the nose area.
Are you frustrated with your skin? Do you want to try something but afraid to spend the money and not get the results? Once consultation is purchased, you will be emailed a form to fill out so that I can learn more about you and your skin and properly give you the best products for your skin. This is easiest way to get skin care products that are for YOU. And it doesn’t end after I mail you the products. I will help you with questions after you receive the products.
What You Will Get:
– FULL regimen of samples that is customized for your skin
– Prescription sheet that tells you exactly when and how to use the products.
– 10% off your first order
Glowing skin. Isn’t that what we all want? A good home care regimen with monthly enzymatic facials will do the trick. As we age, the natural exfoliation slows down, which leads to a buildup of dead skin cells. Fine lines, uneven skin tone and sometimes acne are the results of this buildup. Fruit enzymes strengthen the natural exfoliation process which will reveal new and healthy skin cells.
Fruit contains natural enzymes, and for most skin types, they are safe to use. Enzymatic fruits, such as papaya and pumpkin, provide both antioxidant nutrition and exfoliation to the skin when mixed with other fruits such as lemon, pomegranate, blueberry and kiwi. And since the enzymes only dissolve the topmost layer of the epidermis, the skin is not injured so there is no downtime like you might experience with a glycolic peel. You are getting deeper results but still receiving a relaxing treatment.
THEIR SKIN BENEFITS*
Brightening and anti-aging.
Good for normal to dry skin.
Good for combination skin.
Mild enzymatic action.
Good for all skin types.
Excellent exfoliation properties.
Good for acneic skin types.
Brightening. Good for acneic skin.
Firming and anti-aging.
Good for mature skin.
Enzymes are used in every facial at Skin Care by Devyn. They are chosen based on your skin type, needs and concerns. Plus, theses fruit enzymes smell great!
*source, Les Nouvelles Esthétiques & Spa (Dave Waggoner)
**I do not recommend using lemon on your face at home. Lemons are quite strong and can do more damage than good if not used properly.
Have you heard about this new tool? I’m in love! I did a lot of research on this before I decided to purchase because it sounded too good to be true. I finally gave in and thought I would try it out for myself to see what the hype was about. Of course, my family are my guinea pigs…
Mom- She had this thing on her nose for so many years, she was convinced it was just part of her nose. After just one session with the spatula, the “thing” started erupting (for lack of a better word). Since then, I have used it one more time and it is almost gone!
Dad- He has very dry skin and is constantly scratching his back. He uses walls and posts like a cat and it was always a family joke. One back facial with the spatula and he is itch-free. It has been 4 days and still nothing. He can’t believe it!
Sister- Her skin is pretty clear but we decided to try it to see what would happen. The next day, I asked her what she thought and she realized that she wasn’t wearing any concealer (she always wears makeup) because she didn’t need it. She said her skin looked much more even!
Push out impurities and clear away excess oil with the sonic vibration of the Skin Spatula. As the skin cells vibrate, the tissue and pores become softened, extracting environmental toxins, oil and makeup. On the flip side, the spatula aids in the absorption of water or gel-based skin products with the same sonic push, giving you double action in one tool. The energy of the ultrasonic waves brightens and evens skin tone while providing long lasting results and radiant skin, all for just minutes a day.
• Vibrating ultrasonic waves exfoliate dead skin & extract dirt and oil from clogged pores
• Hydrates new cells
• Spatula shaped tip can be used to penetrate serums & gels for better efficacy
This spatula is used with EVERY* facial!
*excluding express and teen facials