I have not oversold these with that title! I love these sponges! I’ve often said how sensitive my skin is so that means I have to be super careful with how I care for it and especially how I exfoliate it. Scrubs don’t work with my skin. They irritate it. Washcloths, even baby washcloths don’t work either. I can use these sponges every other night and my skin has seriously never been softer.
They have different ones for the face and the body and for different skin types. Easy to take care of and easy to use. I am even finding myself recommending these to some of my clients instead of a scrub. If I can save you money but still give you amazing skin, I will!
Give Yourself a Mini Facial
Simple, effective, deep cleansing & pure. All of our Facial and Body Sponges are Eco friendly, 100% natural and made from pure edible vegetable roots.The Konjac Sponge is as soft as butter, full of yummy skin friendly goodness! It cleanses the skin like nothing you ever experienced before, leaving the face clean, glowing and silky smooth.
100% Natural vegetable Fibre
Naturally Deep Cleansing
Removes Water based Make-Up
Suitable for Daily Use
100% Colouring Free
Soft & Gentle
Kind to You & Kind to the Environment
How is it possible that almost (it seems) every OTC skin care company has the “secret” ingredient to anti-aging or acne or dry skin or whatever your skin ailment may be? They create these words that sound fancy, important and effective. In reality, they mean nothing because they made them up. I could create a word, give it a definition and start a buzz about it but that doesn’t mean it will do anything for your skin. Why don’t more people using these products have perfect skin or even better skin?
OTC products, as I have said before, can only do so much. They cannot correct the skin, they can only temporarily fix it. This means that even if the product seems to be working, once you stop using it your skin will go back to where it was before, possibly worse (depending on how long it has been). It’s important to use products that will correct your skin condition or help with aging.
I went off on a tangent, sorry. 🙂 Let’s get back to the point of this post! One ingredient is simply not going to be the answer for anyone. It will always be a combination of ingredients and a routine that will help your skin.
On the flip side of things, some companies don’t even tell you what is in their products and only tell you what they will do…or what they are advertised to do. Create a flashy commercial, a pretty ad and for some reason this convinces us to buy. I have fallen for it.
Bottom Line- Know what you are putting on your skin and why. Do your research. Make sure that it is beneficial long-term. We all want to look and feel beautiful immediately but if that is going to hurt your skin later, is it worth it?
I was reading some beauty myths and I wanted to share them with you. One made me mad, frustrated and confused. The other made me laugh.
1. Putting Vaseline on your face nightly will prevent wrinkles– I agree that this is not true. The part that made me mad, frustrated and confused was what the dermatologist said, “Petroleum jelly is the strongest moisturizer there is because it forces oils into the skin and prevents them from evaporating.” He needed to elaborate on this. If you have oily skin, this may work for you but what about those of us with dry skin? I don’t have any oil in my skin so this would be absolutely useless on my face. At least the article mentioned the potential for breakouts that Vaseline can cause. I would not recommend this for anyone!
Often, not enough information is given, so people end up doing the wrong things for their skin.
2. Preparation H deflates puffiness– This made me laugh. Apparently the ingredient in the product that used to help us with this is no longer available in the U.S. version. They reformulated it in 1994! So basically all it will do now is dry out your skin and inflame your skin. Stay away from it!! 🙂
1. For the Feet– Mash 1/2 a banana, add a few drops of honey and rub onto bottom of feet. Wrap in plastic for 10 minutes and then exfoliate with a pumice stone. For extra soft feet- Massage oil (Grapeseed Oil is perfect) generously and put on socks. Go to bed. 🙂
2. Eyes– Green Tea actually does help your eye area because it has antioxidants and is an anti-inflammatory. Take the time to pamper yourself at home. Brew the tea bags and after they cool down, place them straight on your eye area. Or you can brew the tea and soak cotton rounds in the tea and place those on the eye area. Do this for at least 10 minutes. Great after a long night out.
3. Moisturizer– Please don’t ever skip this step! From dry skin to oily skin to acneic skin. Everyone needs it! It protects your skin and it helps your skin. If you think it is making you break out, you are most likely using the wrong one for your skin. The right one will not break you out or wreak havoc on your skin. Call, email or come see me if you have more questions about this.
4. Mouth– Worried about those fine lines and wrinkles? Well, you could stop using a straw (I’m not going to mention smoking because I know you don’t smoke…) but even I don’t want to do that! When you apply your eye cream, rub it around your mouth after. It will help with those pesky aging reminders.
5. Body– After I get out of the shower, that is when I apply Grapeseed Oil to my neck, chest, breasts and feet. I mentioned before how amazing this oil is for the face and it is no different for the body, especially on those areas. Since it is a lightweight oil you won’t feel greasy all day (or all night). Love it and I’m not dehydrated anymore, even in the winter!
Have you heard about this new tool? I’m in love! I did a lot of research on this before I decided to purchase because it sounded too good to be true. I finally gave in and thought I would try it out for myself to see what the hype was about. Of course, my family are my guinea pigs…
Mom- She had this thing on her nose for so many years, she was convinced it was just part of her nose. After just one session with the spatula, the “thing” started erupting (for lack of a better word). Since then, I have used it one more time and it is almost gone!
Dad- He has very dry skin and is constantly scratching his back. He uses walls and posts like a cat and it was always a family joke. One back facial with the spatula and he is itch-free. It has been 4 days and still nothing. He can’t believe it!
Sister- Her skin is pretty clear but we decided to try it to see what would happen. The next day, I asked her what she thought and she realized that she wasn’t wearing any concealer (she always wears makeup) because she didn’t need it. She said her skin looked much more even!
Push out impurities and clear away excess oil with the sonic vibration of the Skin Spatula. As the skin cells vibrate, the tissue and pores become softened, extracting environmental toxins, oil and makeup. On the flip side, the spatula aids in the absorption of water or gel-based skin products with the same sonic push, giving you double action in one tool. The energy of the ultrasonic waves brightens and evens skin tone while providing long lasting results and radiant skin, all for just minutes a day.
• Vibrating ultrasonic waves exfoliate dead skin & extract dirt and oil from clogged pores
• Hydrates new cells
• Spatula shaped tip can be used to penetrate serums & gels for better efficacy
We are nearing the end of cold/flu season…hopefully. And this got me thinking. Just because we are sick, doesn’t mean we have to look it, right? Here are some tips to stay looking fresh and healthy.
1. Drink lots of fluids- That’s an easy one. Water is your best bet. Staying hydrated is most important. And while water is the least efficient way to hydrate your skin, it is still important for the body.
2. Don’t lick your lips. Keep a lip balm close by so you grab that every time you feel your lips getting dry. (My favorite is Burts Bees Lip Balm) The more you lick, the drier your lips get.
3. Use tissue that is unscented. The fragrances that are added can be irritating to your nose. Choose one with moisturizing properties for extra-softness but just make sure it is non-scented.
4. Wash Your Face- I know when you’re sick, the last thing you care about is your skin or showering but this is so important. Our skin gets so dry from all the medications and just from being sick, that washing your face, at least once a day (twice is better!), is vital. Keep it well moisturized too. You can skip exfoliation while you are sick. It can sometimes cause your skin to get more dry.
5. Grape Seed Oil– Keep this with you if you can. Apply it throughout the day on your nose. This will save your nose from dryness, irritation and flakiness.
6. To ease nostril irritation, apply vaseline or Neosporin. Using a Q-Tip, roll it around the inner part of your nostril. It will feel so much better and look less irritated.
7. If you must leave the house, and most of us have to these days when we are sick, use liquid foundation instead of powder. The powder can make your skin look super dry, especially around the nose area.
When I went to Empire Academy of Makeup (best school ever!) many, many years ago, the first thing we learned was that if our skin didn’t look good then our makeup wouldn’t look good. In fact, the first course concentrated on skin so much that I fell in love with it and that is how I got started with skin care.
I’ve learned a lot along the way and things have definitely changed but one thing that always remains consistent is: your skin needs hydration and most people are dehydrated.
If you have dry skin, you most likely need oil and water in your skin. When you wear makeup, powders can age you and accentuate fine lines and wrinkles. And, of course, make you drier.
If you have oily skin, you have too much oil and not enough water. When you wear makeup, it feels like you need to re-apply often and you may be flaky in some areas.
Both of these issues can get better by properly hydrating your skin. A Hyaluronic Acid Serum is the best way to do this. It binds moisture to your skin and draws moisture in.
I offer free skin care consultations. This is a great way for people to try out my products without investing in a facial when they are on a budget. I will do a skin analysis and ask you a lot of questions. We discuss everything about your skin and then I send you home with samples and a prescription sheet that will guide you in your new routine.
In a perfect world, everyone would get a facial first and then try the samples. The reason I prefer this is that it will allow me to see your skin react immediately to the products I use and gives me the opportunity to deeply cleanse and exfoliate your skin. Plus, all facials include extractions.
My new obsession! I started using this one a couple of months ago (10 months later and I am still loving it!) and it has really changed my skin. It feels more hydrated and softer. I have skipped a day or two and I could immediately feel the difference. Each client that I have recommended it to, loves it as well.
This is a great serum for everyone! I add about 2 drops to my moisturizer every morning and apply to my skin. Easy to use and a great addition to your skin care regimen.
PS My boyfriend actually added this to his routine as well and loves it! I’ve even overheard him telling his friends about it. Never thought that would happen!
Every informercial and over-the-counter skin care line has the latest miracle ingredient or product that is going to do it all for you. Get rid of your wrinkles, cure your acne and forever hydrate your skin. That is not reality. Sorry. Even as much as I talk about the miracle that is grape seed oil, if you were using the wrong cleanser, the oil would not work as well or could even backfire on you.
I am often asked about different products from clients and from people on social media. They have a friend who used this great moisturizer and it did “this” and “that” for their skin and they want to know if they should buy it too thinking it will solve their problems. One product will not. It is a combination of everything you use to help your skin that will give you the skin you want.
From the cleanser to the sunscreen, it matters. The toner you use in the middle of your routine may offer wonderful benefits and may help your skin, but that toner alone will not be the answer.
Here are some tips:
Use the right products for YOUR skin (not your friends!)
Use the products consistently and correctly
Be patient. Most of the time you should see an immediate improvement (no matter how small) with a new routine but for a major difference, it will take time.
Listen to a professional (hopefully that is me!) and ignore your friends. They mean well but it can be difficult to help you if you are taking the advice of several people.
If you are my client, I am here to help. I will answer your questions and guide you. Switching up your routine or trying something new because it sounded “amazing” can mess up your skin. I’ve seen it happen. Talk to me.