1. Be gentle with your skin. You’re in a hurry, I know, but rubbing and pulling vigorously will only age your skin and damage capillaries.
2. Try to stay away from fragrances. It doesn’t matter what skin type you have, fragrances are usually not good for the skin. They smell nice but can do long-term damage, like break down collagen and elastin. If you have sensitive skin, it can do a lot more, like give you a rash or make you itch.
3. Don’t skip the moisturizer. I talk to clients all the time with oily skin that are afraid of moisturizer. This product is your friend. I promise. Finding the right one is key. Moisturizer doesn’t penetrate the skin and it will protect you from everything coming at you all day…sun, pollution, smoke, makeup, etc. Your skin needs that barrier.
4. Wash your face every morning and every night. Be consistent with your products.
5. Wear sunscreen, rain or shine. No higher than SPF 30 is necessary.
Glowing skin. Isn’t that what we all want? A good home care regimen with monthly enzymatic facials will do the trick. As we age, the natural exfoliation slows down, which leads to a buildup of dead skin cells. Fine lines, uneven skin tone and sometimes acne are the results of this buildup. Fruit enzymes strengthen the natural exfoliation process which will reveal new and healthy skin cells.
Fruit contains natural enzymes, and for most skin types, they are safe to use. Enzymatic fruits, such as papaya and pumpkin, provide both antioxidant nutrition and exfoliation to the skin when mixed with other fruits such as lemon, pomegranate, blueberry and kiwi. And since the enzymes only dissolve the topmost layer of the epidermis, the skin is not injured so there is no downtime like you might experience with a glycolic peel. You are getting deeper results but still receiving a relaxing treatment.
THEIR SKIN BENEFITS*
Brightening and anti-aging.
Good for normal to dry skin.
Good for combination skin.
Mild enzymatic action.
Good for all skin types.
Excellent exfoliation properties.
Good for acneic skin types.
Brightening. Good for acneic skin.
Firming and anti-aging.
Good for mature skin.
Enzymes are used in every facial at Skin Care by Devyn. They are chosen based on your skin type, needs and concerns. Plus, theses fruit enzymes smell great!
*source, Les Nouvelles Esthétiques & Spa (Dave Waggoner)
**I do not recommend using lemon on your face at home. Lemons are quite strong and can do more damage than good if not used properly.