I love Skin Script Rx Skin Care. I use it everyday on myself, I use it in my treatment room and I retail it to my clients. That doesn’t mean that there isn’t something that could be better out there so I like to do research. Below I have compared two skin lightening pads and (spoiler alert!), Skin Script came out on top.
Philosophy Microdelivery Triple-Acid Brightening Peel
Retail $69 for 12 individually pads (12 treatments)
- triple-acid formula dissolves dull skin, buffers the appearance of fine lines and enhances skin clarity
- skin-brightening technology visibly reduces the appearance of dark spots and discoloration
- niacinamide (4th ingredient) can improve skin’s elasticity, dramatically enhance its barrier function, help erase discolorations, and revive skin’s healthy tone and texture.
- the 2nd ingredient is sd alcohol (closer to the top means it is a main ingredient) and that is known to be drying and a skin irritant
- 1st lightening ingredient is listed as the 5th ingredient and the others are after
- other irritating skin ingredients
- the price
Skin Script Rx Glycolic and Retinol Pads
Retail $23.00 for 50 pads
- these pads break up surface oil to refine pores and reveal fresh, healthy skin.
- Kojic and arbutin lighten sun spots and scars left from blemishes.
- the price
- packaging (pads are soaked in solution so they can be cut up for spot treatments)
- 2% glycolic
- 4% arbutin- limits melanin production, reduces visible pigmentation through lightening actions
- 3% kojic acid- inhibits tyrosinase and also lightens existing pigmentation naturally, comparable to Hydroquinone without the negative side effects
- if you have super sensitive skin, these won’t be for you; although most of these type of products won’t be healthy for you
Just looking at the facts, I would definitely go with Skin Script Lightening Pads. The price is significantly less and the ingredients are significantly better!
Have you heard about this new tool? I’m in love! I did a lot of research on this before I decided to purchase because it sounded too good to be true. I finally gave in and thought I would try it out for myself to see what the hype was about. Of course, my family are my guinea pigs…
Mom- She had this thing on her nose for so many years, she was convinced it was just part of her nose. After just one session with the spatula, the “thing” started erupting (for lack of a better word). Since then, I have used it one more time and it is almost gone!
Dad- He has very dry skin and is constantly scratching his back. He uses walls and posts like a cat and it was always a family joke. One back facial with the spatula and he is itch-free. It has been 4 days and still nothing. He can’t believe it!
Sister- Her skin is pretty clear but we decided to try it to see what would happen. The next day, I asked her what she thought and she realized that she wasn’t wearing any concealer (she always wears makeup) because she didn’t need it. She said her skin looked much more even!
Push out impurities and clear away excess oil with the sonic vibration of the Skin Spatula. As the skin cells vibrate, the tissue and pores become softened, extracting environmental toxins, oil and makeup. On the flip side, the spatula aids in the absorption of water or gel-based skin products with the same sonic push, giving you double action in one tool. The energy of the ultrasonic waves brightens and evens skin tone while providing long lasting results and radiant skin, all for just minutes a day.
• Vibrating ultrasonic waves exfoliate dead skin & extract dirt and oil from clogged pores
• Hydrates new cells
• Spatula shaped tip can be used to penetrate serums & gels for better efficacy
This spatula is used with EVERY* facial!
*excluding express and teen facials
As an Esthetician, my hands are in constant contact with ingredients like glycolic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid and more. These can be very drying to the hands but after about a year of trying to fight it, I finally figured out how to treat them daily to stop the flaking. Grape Seed Oil. I recommend it for the face (at night) and I use it all over my body so why shouldn’t I use it to deeply hydrate my hands? I love it and my hands have never been softer.
So imagine my surprise when I did dishes the other night (it took about 20 minutes) and my hands got extremely dry (immediately after) and then started flaking that night. How can 20 minutes of doing dishes cause that much dryness to my hands? I appreciate that the dish soap was strong enough to clean but doing this everyday cannot be good for the skin. People out there who are doing dishes everyday, multiple times a day, can be doing some damage and causing their hands to age quicker. And don’t forget, your hands give away your age!
What can you do?
1. Keep a hand moisturizer (creme is even better) next to your sink and apply every single time.
2. At night, apply grape seed oil to your hands and then hand moisturizer/creme.
3. For deeper hydration: Apply a generous amount of grape seed oil and hand creme, put on gloves (socks, whatever you have) and let them sit for about 20 minutes.
Chemical Peels are very popular and when done right, can give you some amazing results. It’s the least invasive procedure to correcting skin issues. And the best part? No downtime. Some clients may experience minimal flaking but if home care products are being used properly, then you will be okay to face the public. 🙂
Great for those with one (or more) of the following problems…
Acne scars and post-breakout marks
Large pores (help the appearance of)
Skin in need of smoothing
A chemical peel is applied to the skin to remove and exfoliate the outer layers so that a clearer and more glowing skin can appear. The new skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled and the peels are conducive in the stimulation of fibroblasts and creating new collagen.
Each peel series is fully customized for each client. Skin is really like snowflakes so it’s important to address it individually.
Home care products are key to producing great results. If you are using products at home that I recommend, then I know exactly how they work together with the peels. This is an important step, not just for the results but also for the condition of your skin during the series.