1. For the Feet– Mash 1/2 a banana, add a few drops of honey and rub onto bottom of feet. Wrap in plastic for 10 minutes and then exfoliate with a pumice stone. For extra soft feet- Massage oil (Grapeseed Oil is perfect) generously and put on socks. Go to bed. 🙂
2. Eyes– Green Tea actually does help your eye area because it has antioxidants and is an anti-inflammatory. Take the time to pamper yourself at home. Brew the tea bags and after they cool down, place them straight on your eye area. Or you can brew the tea and soak cotton rounds in the tea and place those on the eye area. Do this for at least 10 minutes. Great after a long night out.
3. Moisturizer– Please don’t ever skip this step! From dry skin to oily skin to acneic skin. Everyone needs it! It protects your skin and it helps your skin. If you think it is making you break out, you are most likely using the wrong one for your skin. The right one will not break you out or wreak havoc on your skin. Call, email or come see me if you have more questions about this.
4. Mouth– Worried about those fine lines and wrinkles? Well, you could stop using a straw (I’m not going to mention smoking because I know you don’t smoke…) but even I don’t want to do that! When you apply your eye cream, rub it around your mouth after. It will help with those pesky aging reminders.
5. Body– After I get out of the shower, that is when I apply Grapeseed Oil to my neck, chest, breasts and feet. I mentioned before how amazing this oil is for the face and it is no different for the body, especially on those areas. Since it is a lightweight oil you won’t feel greasy all day (or all night). Love it and I’m not dehydrated anymore, even in the winter!
This facial will be customized to fit your skin needs and skin type plus target acne and breakouts. It will include a Blemish Clear Mask that is a deep cleansing anti-inflammatory blemish control treatment.
It contains Microalgae Extracts and other biological plant extracts known to absorb excess sebum and clarify blemished skin. Natural Tea Tree Oil combats bacteria and reduces inflammation as it works with Zinc to regulate sebum metabolism. Willow Bark Extract, rich in natural Salicylic Acids, gently helps to exfoliate skin to reduce the build up of dead skin cells which can lead to clogged pores.
I have been experimenting with this mask and I cannot believe the results! When I remove the mask from each client, their skin is brighter, clearer and much less irritated. Le Mieux has done it again! Their products are amazing and effective.
Bonus! This mask is safe for pregnant women! I know a lot of women battle with their skin during pregnancy and are limited in what can be used on the skin so this is the PERFECT facial and mask to help heal and clear the skin.
So you spent a little too much time in the sun and forgot to reapply and now you’re fried! Yes, it is a little painful but there are ways to alleviate the pain and the actual burn a little quicker than just waiting. Here they are…
1. O2 Calming Gel– I love this even more than Aloe Vera. It’s soothing and works for so may things, including sunburns.
2. Honey– If you have been reading my blogs, you know I love honey for the skin! According to research, it helps heal wounds, and applying some to your sunburn can encourage the growth of new skin cells. It also has a lot of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Milk Bath– It has anti-inflammatory properties that help heal a sunburn. I find this one to be quite effective.
4. Cortisone Cream– Use this if it is swelling and really painful.
5. Drink Water– Staying hydrated is important because this burn is very dehydrating.
6. Grape Seed Oil– Another one of my favorites! I like to use this instead of lotion because this will penetrate the skin and actually moisturize whereas a lotion will just sit on the surface. This really works!!!
What to Avoid
1. Hot Water– Super drying to the skin.
2. Abrasive/Harsh Soaps– Your skin needs TLC so if you must cleanse, use a moisturizing cleanser so you aren’t stripping your skin.
3. Perfumes/Colognes– The chemicals can irritate the skin.
4. Lotions/Heavy Creams/Vaseline– As I mentioned above, the lotion sits on the surface and this can trap the heat in and actually slow down the healing and promote peeling. Please avoid!