I LOVE Peels! The season is here so book your series now and let’s get started!!
A chemical peel is a skin-resurfacing procedure. There is little to no downtime (minimal flaking) and the results are amazing!
Benefits: Smoother, Younger Looking Skin ~Helps with Fine Lines and Wrinkles ~Hyperpigmentation ~Texture ~Acne Scars ~Large Pores (reducing the appearance)
1. You don’t have to peel with a peel.
2. Visible exfoliation (flaking) is a symptom of the treatment. Everyone is different. Some may flake in certain areas on their face, some may flake all over and some may not flake at all.
3. Cellular change takes place in the epidermis (top layer) and dermis (2nd layer), regardless of the amount of visible flaking.
4. Peels are usually done in a series for best results. One will not give you what you want.
5. I will not do a peel on a new client until we have a consultation and/or a facial. It’s important that we are on the same page as far as what you want, what you can expect and what will actually be done. Plus, I need to see and touch your skin.
6. Home care products are key to producing great results. If you are using products at home that I recommended, then I know exactly how they work together with the peels. This is an important step. Not just for the results but also for the condition of your skin during the series. I’m almost hesitant to even do a series without the client using my products. When you purchase a series and products, it is always a better price.
7. Grape Seed Oil helps tremendously with these peels!
I was recently asked how to get rid of those pesky marks left on your skin from a blemish. You know the ones…they are dark, red and purple and stick around for weeks and sometimes months.
It becomes dark because the inflammation from the blemish triggers the skin to produce pigment cells. Even if you didn’t pick at the blemish, it can still leave a scar (even though it will fade in time, it’s still considered a scar) because it stretches and damages the surrounding tissue.
1. The most important thing to do: Wear sunscreen. Every single day. There are no exceptions to this. Any exposure to UV rays will stimulate the melanin cells, making it more red and darker for a longer time (maybe forever).
2. Using a chemical and physical exfoliant will help stimulate new, healthy cells while removing the scarred, damaged cells.
3. Vitamin C will brighten the skin and help correct the problem.
The first thing you should know is that acne scars will probably never completely go away. Minimizing acne scars is possible though but it is not easy and depending on how deep they are, it may not be cheap. But for some, it doesn’t matter how much it costs, having skin free of scars is all they want. So I have created a list of options. Some are better than others, some are more expensive than others and some have better results. Please remember that the time it can take to get rid of these often depends on the depth of these scars. Here is the breakdown…
1. Professional Products– This is the easiest and least expensive way to try and minimize the scars. Using products with retinol and glycolic acid can help diminish superficial scars over a period of time. If you include these products in with #2 or #3, your results would be even better! (products pictured can be purchased from me)
2. Chemical Peels– Doing a series is best and there is some downtime with these. but usually only a few days (at most) and not always after every peel. There are a lot of determining factors on how long this takes and what exactly it will entail.
3. Microdermabrasion/Dermafiles– This is also best done in a series. Minimal downtime, if any. Sometimes, depending on the age and scars, you might be able to mix this procedure in with the chemical peels.
4. Laser– This is the most expensive way to diminish the scars because it is used to remove layers of damaged skin surface. Recovery is from 10-21 days.
Contact me if you’re interested in options 1, 2 and/or 3.
Generic skin care kits don’t usually work for most people. The ones that say “Anti-Aging” are supposed to be for people over a certain age but I find that younger people want those products too but the whole kit doesn’t necessarily work for them. Anti-Aging is generated for those with dry skin because as we age our skin gets dry (or drier). Well, if you have oily skin but don’t want to age, what do you use?
I have decided to create my own kits. I will introduce them slowly and they will be featured on my website. They will target different age groups, skin types and needs. None of us want acne and none of us want to age. We shouldn’t be boxed into a category and force our skin to fit into it. Our skin care should fit into our skin needs.
I will also put together some specials so that you can try some of the products and learn to love them like myself and my clients. I get testimonials, text messages and phone calls all the time from clients telling me how my facials and the products have changed their skin. I want you to be a success story too!
These are both great cleansers and work amazing together. The Pomegranate Cleanser can be used am/pm followed by the Cucumber Toner. Then use the Glycolic Cleanser 2-3x a week (also followed by the Cucumber Toner). This is great for dry and normal skin types and even those with breakouts.
Microdermabrasion is a thing of the past and moving ahead are Dermafiles. They are much more skin-friendly and they allow more control. Plus, since no suction is involved, there will be no worsening of broken capillaries. Microdermabrasion can also be very drying to the skin, even after a very hydrating facial.
Dermafile™ is a skin polishing and resurfacing tool made of stainless steel and finely crushed diamonds. This file will lightly polish the skin by hand, removing the top layer of dead skin cells, and leaving velvety smooth, fresh, rejuvenated skin. I have total control over the process, allowing varying levels of the epidermis to be safely removed. It is a very effective tool for treating aging and sun damaged skin, scars, acne scarring, pigmentation, stretch marks, fine lines and enlarged and clogged pores. Dermafile™ is the perfect tool for back treatments.
Benefits of Dermafile™ Exfoliation:
Helps build collagen and smooth fine lines.
Helps remove sun damage and pigmentation.
Helps smooth away dead skin cells and rough, bumpy, dry patches of skin on any part of the body.
Helps smooth away acne scars and other types of scars.
Helps makeup go on smoother.
Skin feels silky smooth and clean!
Less expensive than Microdermabrasion
Dermafile™ is a safe, natural, holistic alternative to chemical peels and microdermabrasion.
Diamond Resurfacing Facial
The treatment not only includes the Dermafile but I will also nourish and hydrate your skin. You will see immediate results but may have some slight flaking (although this is not common). The more treatments you have, the more results you achieve. Great when added with chemical peels.