The American Academy of Dermatology currently recognizes Salicylic Acid (Beta Acid) as one of the most effective agents available for acne skin by significantly reducing build up of dead skin cells through a gentle exfoliation process. Beta Acid used in conjunction with Le Mieux patent pending ingredient is a potent tool to achieve dramatic clearing of acne lesions and prevent changes within the follicle associated with the acne process.
Are you having trouble with breakouts? Most topical treatments only work on the surface, temporarily getting rid of the problem. You need something that will get under the skin and kill the bacteria and infection so it goes away for good! And, it’s oil soluble, meaning it can dissolve into oil-clogged pores to remove buildup. I love this product because it is effective and easy to use. Great for cystic acne too!
I have not oversold these with that title! I love these sponges! I’ve often said how sensitive my skin is so that means I have to be super careful with how I care for it and especially how I exfoliate it. Scrubs don’t work with my skin. They irritate it. Washcloths, even baby washcloths don’t work either. I can use these sponges every other night and my skin has seriously never been softer.
Straight from the U.K., do not accept the substitutes. They have different ones for the face and the body and for different skin types. Easy to take care of and easy to use. I am even finding myself recommending these to some of my clients instead of a scrub. If I can save you money but still give you amazing skin, I will!
Give Yourself a Mini Facial
Simple, effective, deep cleansing & pure. All of our Facial and Body Sponges are Eco friendly, 100% natural and made from pure edible vegetable roots.The Konjac Sponge is as soft as butter, full of yummy skin friendly goodness! It cleanses the skin like nothing you ever experienced before, leaving the face clean, glowing and silky smooth.
100% Natural vegetable Fibre
Naturally Deep Cleansing
Removes Water based Make-Up
Suitable for Daily Use
100% Colouring Free
Soft & Gentle
Kind to You & Kind to the Environment
Let’s talk about the eyes today. I’ve mentioned all of this before but this is such an important area and it seems to cause the most confusion.
1. The eyes have no pores. They stop at the orbital bone around the eye.
2. The skin is 10x thinner than the rest of your face.
3. Most abused/ages the quickest
4. Under-eye puffiness is mostly genetic. Salt, allergies and abuse can make it worse.
5. Dark circles can also be genetic. Lack of sleep, dehydration, aging and nose jobs can make them worse.
6. There is no miracle product.
1. Do not apply product past your orbital bone. There is no reason to because the product will not be able to penetrate. You will only get milia (small, whitish bumps) and greasy eyelids.
2. Do not apply moisturizer in this area (past the bone). Yes, I am repeating myself! Eye creams are great and serve their purpose but I also think that serums can do the same. I stopped wearing an eye cream about 1 1/2 years ago and I have not noticed a difference. The serums I use will do the same things and since I am applying them to the same area (stopping at the bone), why do I need another product? Now, if you want to firm up the area during the day, then an eye cream can do that for you.
3. Be gentle. Use eye makeup remover at night (Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover is my favorite and the only OTC product I recommend!). It removes even waterproof mascara…which should only really be used on special occasions. Avoid pulling and tugging at your eyes. This includes when you are applying your makeup. Every little matters.
4. You can’t avoid allergies and genetics, I get it. Salty foods and abuse, you can. If this is a big issue for you, try eliminating these and see what happens. If this is NOT a chronic problem, try cold cucumbers (or really anything cold will work) on your eyes when you wake up, for 20 minutes.
5. Sorry about the genetics again. Get more sleep! As far as dehydration goes, this isn’t about drinking more water (although that is always a good thing), it is more about what you do topically. Does your serum have hyaluronic acid in it? That will help with hydration. And, of course, my favorite go-to product…Grapeseed Oil.
As you age, the skin naturally starts to thin and that is why darkness gets darker. Treating this area more carefully can help.
Nose jobs causes severe bruising under the eyes and releases the formation of iron which can give a rust-colored stain under the eye.
6. Are you exfoliating your eye area? I use my Skin Script Glycolic Cleanser about twice a week on my eye area (be super careful!) and also my new Konjac Sponge (also about twice a week). Even though you don’t have pores, exfoliating will help lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
I don’t normally repost other blogs but I think this is a great way to explain why Nerium AD is not the answer for your anti-aging needs. I have yet to see a real before and after picture that has produced good results.
I wish all of you a very Happy New Year! Thank you for following my blog. 🙂 I love everything skin and being able to reach out to people and share what I know to be true, is definitely a gift. I am lucky!
Here are some of my favorite moments from Instagram…
I am often asked where I got my education and how I know what I know and do what I do. Well, it really did start with Donna Mee and Empire Academy of Makeup.
I was 21 and I didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life until I met a new friend. She loved makeup and would always do mine when we went out. After she moved to New York, it got me thinking. Makeup was fun and interesting and I saw a lot of potential in it as a career. So I did some research and found Empire. It wasn’t the cheapest but it seemed to be the best. I really wanted to learn and I didn’t want to be just another student in a classroom.
I made the phone call and it changed my life. Their tagline… For Those Serious About Makeup. If you’re serious, if you don’t want a lasting and successful career in makeup, do not go here. Don’t waste your time, their time or your money. But if have a passion for makeup and know that you want this to be your career, make that phone call NOW!
Now, obviously I took a different route. I did makeup for a few years but always felt like my passion was more in skin care. I wouldn’t have known that if I didn’t go to Empire though. It was there that I first learned about skin. Not in a superficial way. We really learned about how to care for the skin and fix it!
In the end, it didn’t matter that I wanted to do skin instead of makeup because Donna teaches business too. We were taught how to market ourselves and how to be professional. That’s invaluable information and has helped me in so many ways.
Here is some information on Beauty Boot Camp in Bali…