1. Your foundation should match your face and your neck. Since your neck is often a different color than your face, blend your foundation down so there is an illusion of flawlessness.
2. French Manicures- It’s important to change up your look to keep you looking young and fresh. So if you’ve been wearing that french manicure since the prom, it might be time to give it up.
3. Your lip liner should never be visible, should you decide you even need to wear it. Most of time you can skip this step though.
4. Public grooming is a definite no-no! I remember walking into a Sears outlet one time and the sales guy was cutting his fingernails in the middle of all the washers and dryers. Not a joke. So gross. Some things need to be done at home! This includes brushing your hair. Keep this at home or in the bathroom. It always surprises me when I see people brushing their hair in a restaurant.
5. Bronzer is supposed to make you look sun-kissed, not look like you got smacked in the face with the sun. 🙂 A little goes a long way. Orange is not a bronzer.
6. My mom always taught me to never leave the house with a chipped manicure or pedicure and I have followed that rule. I admit that I haven’t listened to everything mom has said but this seemed like a good one.
7. Over-tanning is dangerous. Tanning is dangerous. Bad for aging, bad for your health. Skip it and get a spray tan instead.
8. Mascara should not be clumpy or flaky. Applying 3-4 coats does not make your lashes look better, it makes them look messy. Find a good mascara that you can use with 1-2 coats. Tammy Faye Baker did not have the right idea! Do the opposite!!