So hopefully you’ve been reading my blog (anxiously waiting for every post, right? 🙂 ) and now you know how to make your own Tinted Moisturizer but now I’m going to show you how to make your own Tinted Body Lotion. You can use this as a self-tanner or just to add some glow to your skin. This is why I LOVE being able to do it myself…fully customizable! It’s fun to do this at night, too, for a little extra glam. 🙂 So simple and this is how…
1. Mix body lotion and foundation powder or bronzing powder…depending on the color you want. Blend thoroughly.
2. Apply and you’re done.
1. Your body is different than your face and it takes color better. This means that you can usually go a little darker without fear of looking too crazy. 🙂 Test it out first and then go outside so you really know what it will look like. Remember, indoor lighting is very different than outdoor.
2. If you use bronzing powder (I like MAC’s Golden Bronze) PLEASE don’t get one that is orange!!! You could also do 50/50 of the powders if you feel like it might be too much bronze. I love this mixture for nighttime. 🙂
3. If you only use a foundation powder, you can still add a little shimmer powder (MAC has a great one called, Silver Dusk) to it. A little goes a long way. Great for summer!
4. When applying on areas of your body that have hair, go in the direction of the hair. When it dries, it will look better.
5. Unless you have dry skin, I don’t think it is totally necessary to apply a regular body lotion first but I would put it on your drier areas like elbows, knees and ankles. I actually use Grape Seed Oil on those places (let it settle before applying the tinted lotion).
7. It does wash off when you shower so if you don’t like it the first time, no big deal!