I love Skin Script Skin Care. I use it everyday on myself. I use it in my treatment room and I retail it to my clients. That doesn’t mean that there isn’t something that could be better out there so I like to do research. Below I have compared two skin lightening pads and (spoiler alert!), Skin Script came out on top.
Philosophy Microdelivery Triple-Acid Brightening Peel
Retail $69 for 12 individually pads (12 treatments)
- triple-acid formula dissolves dull skin, buffers the appearance of fine lines and enhances skin clarity
- skin-brightening technology visibly reduces the appearance of dark spots and discoloration
- niacinamide (4th ingredient) can improve skin’s elasticity, dramatically enhance its barrier function, help erase discolorations, and revive skin’s healthy tone and texture.
- the 2nd ingredient is sd alcohol (closer to the top means it is a main ingredient) and that is known to be drying and a skin irritant
- 1st lightening ingredient is listed as the 5th ingredient and the others are after
- other irritating skin ingredients
- the price
Skin Script Glycolic and Retinol Pads
Retail $22.50 for 50 pads
- these pads break up surface oil to refine pores and reveal fresh, healthy skin.
- Kojic and arbutin lighten sun spots and scars left from blemishes.
- the price
- packaging (pads are soaked in solution so they can be cut up for spot treatments)
- 2% glycolic
- 4% arbutin- limits melanin production, reduces visible pigmentation through lightening actions
- 3% kojic acid- inhibits tyrosinase and also lightens existing pigmentation naturally, comparable to Hydroquinone without the negative side effects
- if you have super sensitive skin, these won’t be for you; although most of these type of products won’t be healthy for you
Just looking at the facts, I would definitely go with Skin Script Lightening Pads. The price is significantly less and the ingredients are significantly better!
email me if you’re interested: firstname.lastname@example.org