Try these 6 mood busters and get out of that funk!
1. Spice Up Your Mood!
This spice blend from my Secrets of Longevity Cookbook will help restore your happiness and alleviate stress. You can easily mix this tasty spice blend yourself. Fresh is best; when possible, grind your own spices from the original dry source. Store in a glass jar for up to six months. To use, simply add the spice blend to your meals just as you are finishing cooking the dish – about 1 minute before you turn off the heat. Add to your soups and stir-frys, as well as veggie, fish, bean or grain dishes.
Mix 1 tablespoon each:
• Dried and crushed rose
• Dried sage
• Chili powder
• Ground saffron
• Ground cardamom
• Dried rosemary
2. Stand Up and Smile– It’s so simple. 🙂 If you have been sitting at a desk all day, sometimes just getting up, stretching and doing it with a smile can make all the difference. It gets your blood flowing and can give you an instant surge in your energy level. And the smile will release seratonin, the feel-good brain chemical that will instantly perk up your mood!
3. Count Your Blessings– Sometimes when we are having a bad day (bad week, bad month) we forget to remember the good things we do have in our life. Remembering these positive and happy things can change your mood and make you feel happy again. Write them down. Focus on them.
4. Turn Up The Radio– I don’t know about you but this always works for me! I love music and it can absolutely change my mood and lift my spirits. So, the turn the music up, close your door and just dance. Have fun and let loose. Not only is it good exercise but it will turn that frown upside down!
5. Rainbow High– If you always wear black and gray, maybe it’s time to add some color. Bright shades of pink, red or yellow are best for stimulating your brain. The color will make you happy!
6. Do Something for YOU– Sometimes just stopping and doing something only for you is the best way to get yourself happy again. We are so busy all the time and constantly doing things for other people (Moms- Are you listening?) that we forget to care of ourselves. I hear it almost daily with my clients. It’s important to not be forgotten. Come in for a facial and let me pamper you. Let me take care of you!