Shopping, parties, family in town, traveling, etc. There are so many things going on this time of year that sometimes we neglect ourselves and that means, our skin. I’ve compiled a short list of things to remember to save your skin so you don’t have to play catch up in January. It’s bad enough the credit card bills come piling in, do we also need the wrinkles and dry skin?
1. Wear Your Sunscreen- Even though the sun is gone, we still need to be aware of the UVA rays that are present year round. These are the rays that can cause skin cancer and premature aging.
2. If you’re stressed out, your skin will show it. I know that being “stress free” isn’t always an option but it’s important to take a time-out every once in a while. Go do some yoga, get a pedicure, a facial (call me!) or just relax by the fire. We all know these things but we need to be reminded.
3. Manicures- All your running around at the malls and cooking are going to wreak havoc on your hands and nails. Mix any oil (olive, jojoba, grape seed) with a lotion or apply by itself for extra hydration. If you haven’t already, try a Gel manicure. I love them! Lasts about 2-3 weeks and the best part, at least for me, you don’t have to wait for them to dry! Chipping isn’t really an issue either. It happens but it is pretty rare. A little more expensive than a regular manicure but just think what your sanity is worth. 🙂
4. Chapped Lips- This is when you need a Lip BALM, not a chapstick. A balm will heal your lips and a chapstick will protect your lips. Burt’s Bees is my absolute favorite (I’m also working on creating my own that is similar to this).
5. Sore Feet- Peppermint is the answer. You can find it in scrubs and lotions and it will make your feet feel fantastic!
6. Dry Skin- How many times can I talk about this during this time of year? I think it makes it in every blog post! Did you know that people with dry skin tend to age faster than those with oily skin? Yep, there is an advantage to oily skin. 🙂 Keep your skin hydrated and not just your face. I’m obsessed with grape seed oil right now so that is my go-to oil but whatever works for you is good. Just make sure you use it consistently. Those heaters can dry out our skin and make things worse.
7. Makeup- Keep it light and dewy and wash your face every night!