Have you ever gone on a trip and realized you have forgotten something? Of course you have! We have all done that!! Here are some easy solutions so you can still relax on your vacation…
1. No Foundation- Mix a little of your powder in with your moisturizer.
2. No Hair Gel- Use some of your shaving cream through your hair. Not gel, that would be a sticky mess. 🙂
3. No Moisturizer- Cool Whip! Yep, you read that right. Sorbitol, which is in a lot of moisturizers, is also in cool whip.
4. No Makeup Remover- Crisco. Just like grandma used to do! Rub gently.
5. Tangled Hair- You can use this handy trick at home too. 😉 Use your blow-dryer to detangle your hair. Set it on cold and direct it at the tangles. Cold contracts the hair cuticles, which loosens the knot.
6. To freshen up your room or your mood, spray perfume on the light bulb. The heat will diffuse the scent throughout the room.
Skin Care by Devyn
Summer is ending but we all know how important it is to still wear sunscreen everyday. Here is what you need to know to stay informed and protected.
As of December 2012 (this could change b/c it has before)
Broad Spectrum- The product must be proven to be block BOTH UVA (aging/skin cancer rays) and UVB (burning rays) rays to be able to say that it is a broad-spectrum sunscreen. If it cannot, then it can only be packaged as blocking UVB rays.
Nothing over SPF 50 or 50+ will be allowed
No more Waterproof. It will now only be water-resistant and very water-resistant. That means either up to 40 minutes of immersion or 80 minutes.
SPF 30 means you have 95% coverage of UVB rays. Anything higher than that (up to 50) will mean that maybe you will get small increments of up to 99% BUT you will get more chemicals. No sunscreen can provide 100% coverage except for zinc oxide, which is a thick, white paste.
My advice- Stick to SPF 30. You are getting the coverage you need without adding unnecessary chemicals to your skin. The line I carry, Skin Script, has a great one. I use it everyday and I was very protected all summer long!
Sheer Protection SPF 30
This is a light cream, sheer feeling sunblock that provides both UVA/UVB protection for all skin types.
Sheer Protection Sunblock SPF 30 Benefits:
- Provides UVA and UVB sun protection
- Ideal for daily wear
- Lightly moisturizes and protects the skin
- Zinc Oxide (ZinClear™) (13.5%) – Zinc Oxide is a safe and non-irritating UV absorbing material
- Aleurites Moluccano Seed Oil (Kukui Nut Oil) – High in the essential fatty acids linoleic and linolenic acids. These acids are vital for the metabolism of healthy skin. Kukui nut oil is easily absorbed by the skin. It soothes irritated skin.
- Porphyra Umbilicalis (Red Algae) Extract A natural UVA-screening compound from sea algae to protect the skin against photoaging.