Now that summer is here I think it’s important to talk about sunscreens. Here are some tips to help you prevent sunburns and premature aging…
- SPF 30 is all you need. Anything higher is not necessarily more protection (maybe 2% more) but it is more chemicals. In fact, the best way to protect your skin while in the sun is to make sure you apply the sunscreen generously and often.
- I recommend reapplying sunscreen at least every 2 hours. If you are in the water or sweating, apply sooner.
- Don’t be stingy with the sunscreen. Applying more will only ensure that you don’t miss a spot.
- Spray Sunscreens- I think it’s best to start with a cream sunscreen first. That way you have a good base and then you can reapply with a spray. Again, spray generously so you don’t miss a spot. Please don’t spray your face. A separate face sunscreen is better to use since those are made specifically for the face. Recommended Product: Sheer Protection SPF 30
- Kids- There really isn’t a difference between kids and adult sunscreens. Keep them protected since they are too young to know better or even care. Until they are old enough to understand the importance, they won’t do it so it’s 100% up to you!
- Kids & Spray Sunscreens- I don’t recommend these for kids. It is not safe for them to inhale the chemicals on a continuous basis. As adults, we know to not breathe while spraying but kids won’t. If it is all you have, something is better than nothing.
- Lips- Your lips can burn as well and anyone who has had this happen knows that it hurts! Make sure your chapstick or lip balm has SPF in it. Recommended Product: Lip Balm SPF 15
Follow these simple and easy tips and you should avoid a sunburn!